The Southern Marches
Hey! Welcome to the game! Let’s build some characters together. Here’s what I’m looking for
- An established party, who are committed to working together to achieve their goals
- Characters should be from social classes the allow them to adventure for their livelyhood, in other words, no serfs or runaway princes, and no one who has responsibilities that lock them out of the adventurers lifestyle.
- Characters should have a short backstory, bullet points work well, with at least one, and no more than three unresolved hooks. These hooks should be placeable on Brevoy, the wilderness, or the River Kingdoms, or generally nearby, as geographically distant hooks may be difficult for me to incorporate.
- Each character should be linked to two others in the party, with a short memo explaining how they are linked. Examples include: “Bob pulled me from the river when I was about to drown after being thrown in by debt collectors. I won’t leave his side until I save his life in return” and “Finn and I go way back, to that time when we stole the ruby from the Baron of Ibelin’s pommel. He’s still after us.” These links should connect everyone, with no little triangles unconnected from the rest.
- Characters backstories should contain the sorts of events that could reasonably happen to a first level character. Monsters which appear in backstories shouldn’t exceed CR 5 (it was an ogre that destroyed your village, not a giant), nobles which appear should be no higher than barons (no dukes etc) and local priests and cultists should appear, rather than angels or demons.
Come with a good idea of roughly who and what you want to be, and we’ll build sheets and do the character links together, and then start play :-)